Sliding Fire doors consist of door leaf, associated track and counterweights with steel facings, available in 2 hours and 4 hours of certified fire resistance tested to AS1530.4.
Ideal for applications that require a certified sliding fire door especially in hospitals, schools, public buildings, shopping centres, factories, warehouses, etc.
Sliding fire doors cater for difficult or limited swing space or where maximum opening sizes are required for the movement of plant or equipment. And sliding fire door installations are actuated by variable speed automatic thermally released links, smoke detectors or fire alarm systems incorporating magnetic hold-open devices which are installed to hold the door in the open position.
Doors are finished in a variety of face finishes to meet both aesthetic and fire rating requirements; Paint grade plywood, decorative timber veneers, pressed 4 or 6 panel, fire retardant plastic laminates, multi faced and edged stainless and sheet steel provide limitless options.
When the building is in use, the door is manually opened and will be held in the open position with an electromagnet. In the unfortunate case of a fire, a smoke/heat detector will alert the fire panel which will cut the power from the electromagnet causing the door to slide shut from the counterweight & pulley systems that are in place, these doors can still slide open to pass through but will always shut automatically.
Manufactured to your specifications
• 1, 2, 3, and 4 hour systems available
• Vermiculite core
• A wide variety of face materials are available
• All designs are certified & tested by the CSIRO
• Door finished thickness nominal 50mm
• Metal steel facing 1.0mm thick
• The door leaf must overlap the opening by minimum 100mm at the head and each side
• Flameguard and flameguard brackets must be installed on the trailing edge of the door leaf
• Heavy duty wall stops and floor guide must be installed
• Complies with AS 1905.1-2005 & tested in accordance with AS 1530.4-1997