Vertical Kent Defender Fire Curtain
Fire Curtains are life safety systems that are designed to arrest the spread of fire in a building. The assembly comprises a fire resistant fiberglass fabric wound over a roller and all encased in a compact head box that is typically installed above the ceiling to be virtually invisible until activated. When activated by either a general fire alarm or a local detector, the fire curtain descends from its holding position within the head box to its operational position (floor level) and thus forms a physical barrier for fire compartmentalization. Using the Defender K Gravity Fail Safe System, our fire curtains descend without the need for power and are fail to safe systems. These fire curtains have enabled large open building designs where otherwise permanent fire rated partitions would be required. MAXIMUM WIDTH:
Up to -/240/-
KEY SYSTEM PERFORMANCES:
• Fire performance Tested/Assessed to AS1530.4-2014 for up to 240-minutes [FRL-/240/-]
• Smoke leakage performance in accordance with AS1530.7- 2007
• EW60 performance to EN 1634-1 from 1.0m.
• Insulating Zone Data: Air temperature shall not exceed 180 0C at a distance of 120mm from curtain non-fire face for a period up to 60-minutes.
• Radiant Heat Flux measurement of 8.8kW/m2 from a distance of 250mm from curtain non- fire face for a period up to 39-minutes.
• Curtain closing speed between 10.2m to 12.0m per minute.
• Battery back up as a standard feature.