Vertical Kent Defender Fire Curtain
Vertical Fire Curtains are life safety systems that are designed to arrest the spread of fire in a building. The assembly comprises a fire-resistant fiberglass fabric wound over a roller and all encased in a compact headbox that is typically installed above the ceiling to be virtually invisible until activated. When activated by either a general fire alarm or a local detector, the fire curtain descends from its holding position within the headbox to its operational position (floor level) and thus forms a physical barrier for fire compartmentalization. Using the Defender K Gravity Fail-Safe System, our fire curtains descend without the need for power and are fail to safe systems. These fire curtains have enabled large open building designs where otherwise permanent fire-rated partitions would be required. MAXIMUM WIDTH:
Up to -/240/-
KEY SYSTEM PERFORMANCES:
• Fire performance Tested/Assessed to AS1530.4-2014 for up to 240-minutes [FRL-/240/-]
• Smoke leakage performance in accordance with AS1530.7- 2007
• EW60 performance to EN 1634-1 from 1.0m.
• Insulating Zone Data: Air temperature shall not exceed 180 0C at a distance of 120mm from curtain non-fire face for a period up to 60-minutes.
• Radiant Heat Flux measurement of 8.8kW/m2 from a distance of 250mm from curtain non- fire face for a period of up to 39-minutes.
• Curtain closing speed between 10.2m to 12.0m per minute.
• Battery back up as a standard feature.