Accordion Kent Defender Fire Curtain
NO MORE CORNER POSTS - Allowing Architects, Consultants and Specifiers a new way to approach buildings design.
Accordion Kent Defender Fire Curtains are life safety systems that are designed to arrest the spread of fire in a building.
The assembly comprises a fire resistant fibreglass fabric stacked inside the head box that is typically installed above the ceiling to be virtually invisible until activated. Traditionally, vertical fire curtains require a column support to which side guides are arrested.With current construction methods together with need for space, the
Kent Defender Accordion Curtain negates the requirement of Columns and in some cases it removes the requirement of side guides too. They create a barrier to the spread of fire, remaining virtually invisible when the curtains are stored in its retracted position within the compact head-box. The curtain descends at a controlled speed upon receipt of signal from a fire alarm and provides resistance for upto 180 minutes.
• Assessed to Australian Standards
• UL 10D - Complied with NFPA80
• Fabric Tested to BS 476 Pt 6 & Pt 7. Class 0
• Fabric Tested to BS 5234-2:1992
• UL Oversize Certification upon Request
• 180 minutes for VWG 690
• 60 minutes for VG 455
• Lightweight & Compact- Reduced headroom requirement
• State of Art Technology- Manufactured with intricacy using advanced machinery
• Flexible Design Solution- Meeting Bespoke requirements.
• Better Aesthetics & Mechanics - Negates the requirement for corner support columns.
• Kent Gravity Fail Safe System Guaranteed deployment of the curtains at a controlled descent rate
using our gravity fail safe system. Applies under any scenario such as mains power failure and damage to control systems.